Brand Yourself with a Better Bio
by: Kristie Tamsevicius
A bio is a key part of your marketing toolbox. And a well written one is worth it’s weight in gold! This seeming simple marketing blurb has the amazing power to wow the media, impress a decision maker, or showcase your expertise to any potential buyer. And, once you have written a good bio, you’ll find a million uses for it. In addition to adding one to your website, you can use in your article byline, email signature, one sheet, promotional flyers, brochures, sales letters, and more! But how you go about writing a bio? Below are some 20 tips for what to include in your bio.
1. Area of expertise
2. Title and company name
3. Media coverage you have received including television, magazine, and radio
4. Topic you you are a sought after speaker on
5. Number of people you have spoken to
6. Number of counties you have spoken in
7. Names of books you have authored
8. Credentials including notable awards or recognitions you have won
9. Clubs or organizations that you are actively involved in
10. Personal insights such as what you believe, your mission, your vision
11. Quirky fact about you such as “A former school teacher-turned-confrontation expert, Jane helps people communicate more effectively. Or an avid baseball fan, when Bill is not speaking, you’ll find him eating hot dogs and watching the Chicago Cubs with his son Dave.
12. Interests or hobbies
13. Occupation of your parents, if it’s interesting and adds to the story. Ex: The son of Vermont Turkey Farmers, Jim Smith is….
14. What your hometown is known for.
15. Interesting or substantial former careers
16. What led you to start your current business
17. What you help people to do
18. Events that shaped your life
19. Offices you have held
20. Call to action like “For a free report on “9 Ways to Build your Bottom Line” visit www.9WaystoProfit.com
About The Author
Speaker, Author, and Consultant, Kristie Tamsevicius is President of Branding on the Net. A sought after branding expert, Kristie turns regular business people into top experts in their field. She creates branded websites that position you as a mini celebrity so you increase sales, book more presentations, and become headline news. Claim your free report “Web Branding Secrets” by visiting www.brandingonthenet.com today.
This article was posted on January 08, 2005